The master model was made from wood and polystyrene sheets. I wanted to have 2 half shells in the end, which had only one rotating joint. This joint had to be filled with filler.

The "half" battery box and the capping mould before pouring.

The remainders of the casting mould and the silicon mould.

I didn't want to have these parts as solid material because the parts would then be extremely heavy and also I was not completely sure whether I would need the space for the driving motors. I didn't want to manufacture a separate silicon mould for the interior, so these are not particularly aesthetic. However, this is not visible in the finished product anyway.

After smoothing off flat with a sander, I cut an opening into one of the two half shells, in order to glue the two parts together from the inside with resin.